1. Go on a photo safari to Africa with Dad.
2. Go on a long cruise to the French Mediterranean (or likewise) with Mom and Sister.
3. Travel to see fall foliage
a. Aspens turn yellow in a Colorado fall
c. Skyline Drive/Shenandoah
4. Eat a lobster in Maine with Denise and Jeremy. [2/20 – 2/26/2008]
5. Visit the Canyon Lands and Arches National Park in Utah (and other National Parks too!) [8/8 – 8/18/2008]
6. Visit the Statue of Liberty. [Ferry ride in front of her May 2013]
7. Visit New York and Canada
a. Niagara Falls
b. Ice Hockey game in Canada
c. See how they make maple syrup
d. Stay at Ruschmeyer’s in Montauk
8. Participate in a cattle round up on horseback on a ranch out West.
9. Attempt winter sports
a. skiing [Maine: 2/20 – 2/26/2008]
c. ice skating (again)
10. Travel somewhere new with Jamie in 2015, and give ourselves more than 10 days. 🙂
11. Meet up with Linda in Sydney, Australia
a. Snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef
b. Fly to Perth and meet her family
12. Take lessons from a riding instructor (again) and learn to
a. achieve and maintain supple and energetic gaits; responsiveness on the flat
b. execute a proper half-halt
c. jump without anxiety
13. Sign up for a photography class. Learn to use my camera and take it with me everywhere I go. Print out the images I love and frame them. Earn the title of “Photographer.”
14. Write something worthy of being published.
Go on a canoe trip with Dad down the Potomac River, using the canoe paddle he made and gave to me on Christmas in 2007. [July 29-31, 2011]
16. Have a drink at a restaurant/lounge that boasts my name, Amber in Seattle.
Go for a ZORB (zydro) ride in Pigeon Forge, TN at Zorb Smoky Mountains. [5/29/2011]
18. Take singing lessons, then overcome the fear of stage fright by singing in public at a karaoke bar.
19. Stand in four states at once (Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado). Also known as the Four Corners, this is the only place in the U.S. where you can do this! [8/14/2008]
20. Stay in one of the 23 unusual accommodations offered by Under the Thatch, such as the Gypsy caravan or a 1905 railway carriage.
21. Spend the night in a yurt – Treebones Resort in Big Sur, Calif., or Canvaschic in The Ardeche, France.
22. Eat food that bounces back when you bite into it, or other “weird” foods
a. mushrooms – and I actually LIKE them now!
b. octopus [with Bryan at Wolfgang Puck’s: Downtown Disney, Orlando, FL]
c. sea urchin [with Courtney and Steve in DC]
23. Spend the night in a treehouse in Washington.