When Mel put up a post about the letter ‘O’, I read through it with amusement and immediately commented so I’d get a letter. “Maybe she’ll give me a good letter, like ‘N’,” I thought. Not even a few hours went by and I got the following e-mail from Mel:
—– Original Message —–From: MelTo: MeSent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 8:43 PMSubject: Re: [The Melodramatic] Comment: “Brought to you by the letter “O””
I’m going to give you…the letter N. 🙂
Mel! We’re so cosmically linked! 🙂
But back to my post… The rules are: Since you’re already here, READ MY LIST! Ha! Then, you leave a comment and I’ll shoot you an e-mail assigning you a random letter. Then, on your blog you will post about 10 things that you love that start with the letter you were assigned, and you give visitors their own letters when they leave a comment for you! (and so on and so forth…) Here goes (in no particular order)!
1. New Year’s Day — a.k.a., my Mom’s Birthday! Which we celebrate with a huge open house with friends and family from 11 a.m. to whenever the fried sourdough bread runs out! It’s the “Must” event of the holiday season!
2. Naps — I don’t often take them, so when I do it means I really NEED one. It also means I really enjoy it!
3. Names — I hate it when people talk about other people to me in terms of pronouns (he, she, them). I ALWAYS prefer to know someone’s name, if only to help me keep with the conversation. I also love it when people I know voluntarily introduce me to those I don’t know!
4. Novels — I love a good book, and I’m not scared away when the page count climbs over 500… While I tend to pick up fantasy titles most often, as I get older I have found that I also enjoy reading other fiction and rarely I’ll pick up something that’s non-fiction (I’d rather just read an issue of National Geographic).
5. Nature — I love photography, and my favorite subject is Nature, both animals and landscapes.
6. Narration — I always enjoy it when someone with a really engaging voice reads a story. Jim Dale, who read the Harry Potter books, is one. My friend Sarah, who read all of the Harry Potter books aloud to her husband during car trips, is another!
7. Nuts — Walnuts, peanuts, almonds and pecans – Yum!
8. Notes — I leave myself notes all the time, and love it when other people leave me notes too (same goes for mail, which is just a longer note!) And, I think this category also lets me include fridge poetry at Courtney’s because they are little poetic notes!
9. Newsletters — It’s actually my favorite part of my job, putting together our internal newsletter. I don’t like designing the layout, but I like the puzzle-quality to filling a layout with text, photos and captions.
10. National Parks — I have been to several in my lifetime (including Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Valley Forge, Canyonlands, Capital Reef, Carlsbad, Grand Teton, Shenandoah, the Redwoods), and I love seeing new places and sights… I fully intend to keep on visiting these places whenever my travels take me near them!