Have you met my friend Courtney? She’s a poet, a runner, a dog-lover, a wine-drinker, a letter/cookie-sender and an amazing friend who’s stayed an amazing friend even after moving to the Big City and meeting gobs of new, fun and interesting people to hang out with. In short, she’s a keeper!
Courtney is responsible for The Most Awesome Weekend of 2008… and she’s also responsible for beating me to the finish line when it came to posting about said weekend. So, in an effort to complement her post rather than outshine it (or come in a dreadful second place), here is a list of some things I learned while having an amazing weekend in the city:
1. Republicans and Democrats can be friends, as long as they have a sense of humor about it… witness the dog biscuit I brought Daisy the Democratic Beagle as a peace-offering in this time of political awareness and election-mania:
2. I am fun to drink with.
3. Not only is it fun to mix up two sets of old friends (Jesse, Courtney), it is also fun to meet new friends (Kristen). Hi Kristen!
4. The musical blues stylings of the Kelly Bell Band can make some happily drunk persons (read: Kristen, Jesse, Courtney and myself) stick around the Oktoberfest even when the vendors have all run out of beer… They totally played to the crowd, making us dance, laugh and yes, even get a little rowdy. If I had a rich daddy, I’d so ask him pretty please to get this band to play at the second-coming of my Super Sweet 16. But since I’m not rich, I’ll settle for a CD and having Courtney perform her chair dance. H-O-T. Just ask the guy who decided to sit in the chair! Or, ask Jesse who regretted being the first to sit down because he was too busy trying to get a video… 😉
5. The ONLY way to do DAS Best Oktoberfest is with an awesome friend who just happens to be German.
6. I never thought I could love fridge poetry so much…
7. At the end of the day, after several hours of drinking and wishing I had been wearing this, followed by an amazing dinner with friends both old and new, I am still the girl who likes to lay on the floor and make a giant running shoe poster with colored Sharpies before going to bed.