Last week was Session #5 with Darryl (otherwise known as, The Halfway Point of our 10 sessions), and he stuck me back on the body composition analyzer machine. I just got the ticket back from him today (Session #6) so I can show you something that I *just* noticed: I’m no longer “standard.” That’s right, baby, the body comp analyzer now says that even though I’ve gained 1.8 pounds, I’m now classified as “athletic!” Look!
I reduced my percentage of body fat by 6.9%, and I now (thanks to added muscle) burn more calories just sitting on my bum than I did six weeks ago. So, I celebrated by hunkering down after a stellar, new “stepped up” workout and sat through three hours of BRAND NEW television – namely Ugly Betty, Grey’s Anatomy and LOST. All at what? 26 calories an hour? Here’s to progress! *grin*
Now, as promised: Training Workout #5
1. wedge abs
2. double bosu ball push ups
3. handle ball (8 lb) squat throws
4. step-ups with bicep curls (6 steps; 5 or 8 lb dumbbells)
5. wide-grip pull downs (60 lbs)
6. tricep dip machine (the Gravitron @ 80 lb offset)
7. stiff-legged dead lifts (26 lb bar)
and Training Workout #6 (a.k.a., Steppin’ It Up A Notch, Can You Handle It? Workout)
1. small, nubby inflatable half-ball push ups (harder!)
2. wedge abs, only this time we throw from side to side as well as straight
3. jump up onto step and step down (3 steps)
4. handle ball (8 lb) squat throws
5. shoulder circles with 5 lb dumbbells
6. abductor bands for outer thighs (ouch!)
7. tricep dip machine (or, I think I might go back to tricep dips on the bench. The Gravitron isn’t comfortable for me, but it is more comfortable for Amy)
8. cable machine pec rows (15 lbs)
9. back (wide-grip pull ups on Gravitron – 80 lb offset)
10. stiff-legged dead lifts (26 lb bar)
While I definitely see my arms toning up (especially my triceps – Hello, Triceps!), I’m not noticing a heck of a lot of difference in my muffin-top (extra pudge around the middle) or my legs. Lest you take that comment as me being depressed, I’ll have you know that I’m confident in workout #6 – it is sure to start taking care of those problem areas of mine!
In fact, I hope I can get out of bed tomorrow because I’m going up to Grandma’s with Dad and Steve to haul at least a truckload of firewood back down to Rich’s house (hello! MAJOR squatting and throwing workout there!). Here’s hoping that I’m not too sore to keep up with two 60-something retired guys with splitting mauls. Wish me luck!