There is nothing better than coming home after an “eh” day of work followed by a pretty decent workout at the gym, opening up the mailbox to pull out what seems to be the regular, daily dose of junk mail and finding a gem hidden inside the folds of the Pennysaver:
The smile that this postcard put on my face today could have lit up Paris for an evening, warmed the icy cartoon heart of Cruella de Vil, or perhaps guided the next Space Shuttle home from Mars.
You see, while I love Courtney for a vast multitude of reasons, I *heart* her for:
1. Taking the time to write out ‘Thank You’ and ‘Congratulations’ notes and leave them stuck to my door in the mornings.
2. Sending postcards while she’s on travel, and collecting postcards from friends’ trips. (like me!)
3. Loving words. And definitions. And combinations of words. And magnetic poetry. And penmanship.
4. Knowing that without a doubt one of the most depressing things in a person’s life is a mailbox full of ads for cheap pizza, bills you’re not prepared to pay this
week month, and envelopes addressed to “Current Homeowner.”
5. Doing something about #4.
So THANK YOU COURTNEY, for making my day! I loved the postcard; it makes me want to walk right over and leave you a *heart* note on the magnetic poetry on your fridge! I wonder what red wine goes best with “heartfelt gratitude” and “postmarked paper happiness”?